Friday, August 20, 2010

Yesterday's News


If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, I offer this one to express my dismay over the massive "plume" of oil still below the surface of the Gulf of Mexico. The operative word is "below". As long as the surface looks better, happy days are here again. Except for the destroyed marine life. And the livelihoods derived from it. For who knows how long.

I remember swimming in the clearest most aqua blue salt water, walking on the brightest white sugar sand beaches of the Gulf, imaging I could almost see Mexico on the turquoise horizon. (sigh). So before this turns into 1,000 words, I'm going to hold that thought and go for a walk with Daisy-the-dog, to enjoy this beautiful late summer Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, your painting is both sad and beautiful. Much like the Gulf Coast right now I suppose. I must admit to being an ostrich to much of the daily news. I avoid it to protect my joy.
    nadine
    PS Had a great trip home. The high the day I arrived was 52F!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the big website announcement??!!!!

    ReplyDelete